| | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Vicky Cordwell, a mum of two from Northampton, is a tomboy with a former love of biker leathers and jeans.
But Trinny and Susannah have said 'on yer bike' to her old style and fixed her up with an ultra-feminine look.
Skirts and dresses are a no-go for me: a motorbike accident in my teens has left me with bad scars on my legs so I rarely get them out.
Arthritis in my ankles makes wearing heels painful too so I usually just wear jeans and trainers.
I feel like I’ve just settled into that middle bracket where I don’t look young and I don’t look old – I just look frumpy and in between!
Arriving at the shoot in cut-offs and a t-shirt, the girls said I looked practical … but that my outfit did nothing for me.
Susannah was so sweet though. I’ve put on weight recently and am feeling a bit podgy but she rushed to reassure me.
She said I had a lovely figure and great boobs I should show off more.
CLICK HERE TO SEE VICKY'S MAKEOVER VIDEO
I worry I’m getting too old to look good but she said, “Look at me. I’m 44, with three children and I can still make the best of myself.”
When I think of the ripping I expected, I couldn’t believe how positive she was being.
She said my hair was a bit too dark but that combined with my pale colouring it meant I could wear almost any colour with bold prints being a must for me.
I couldn’t bear the first dress we tried on as it was woolly and striped but the trousers that followed were great.
They looked too masculine for me on the hanger but flared out nicely at the bottom and I loved them on.
| |
But the final dress was the best. A really bold print, it made me instantly feel more comfortable and the wrap style made my waist feel smaller.
I haven’t worn leggings since I was 18 but Susannah rightly guessed that they’d hide the scars near the back of my knees yet still show off my legs – perfect.
Even better, I had some height for the first time in ages thanks to the wedges I wore.
I think I could comfortably go out for the evening in them and I've paired them with jeans and a shirt on a night out since.
I forgot how much more confident and sexy heels make you feel - I could really hold my head high.
We left my hair as we ran out of time but probably the best bit of my whole day was learning more about make-up.
I usually wear quite heavy eye colours but the make-up artist suggested much softer shades.
She recommended a better skincare brand and I've noticed a huge difference to my skin.
Instead of just fingers, she applied the foundation with a brush and used a soft pink blusher instead of brown.
My husband was the first to comment, saying how much softer and lovely my face looked.
My friends have been full of compliments too and if I'll take one thing away from my day it's the positive words.
From Susannah to my mates, people have reminded me that I'm not too old and actually pretty gorgeous! ![]()
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2005550000-2007380050,00.html



No comments:
Post a Comment